VAPES CAN EXPLODE WITH NO WARNING!!!

16105478_10100193309553418_131093151845635555_n.jpg

Embark on Fun came across a story on Facebook, written by Andrew Hall. Warning….The pictures are graphic.

“Well, it’s been a really rough 24 hours+ but I feel I have to share. Thank you for my family and especially Airelle for taking care of me but yesterday morning I was getting ready for work when I had something happen to me that I didn’t expect possible. I’m currently in the ICU and doing well so rest assured and these are very graphic photos. I Vape (I know, terrible and uncool) but I no longer do and I hope to possible sway those that do to maybe reevaluate or find other methods of smoking. I’ve been doing this for about a year now and assure you I did not do anything I wasn’t supposed to (battery was in right, always had the shop put it together when I first bought it and add things and maintenance it the right way while taking their advice) but it exploded in my face. I’ve lost at least 7 teeth, 2nd degree burns to face and neck and have been pulling chunks of plastic, teeth and foreign objects from mouth, throat and lips. I was lucky and they’re was a huge amount of damage to the room in my house I was in as well. Please feel free to share my story and take care. Thank you again friends, work and family that have reached out to offer help, I greatly appreciate it!

I did revise this to state clearly that before the laws changed yes, it was easier for me to have them build my coils. I did it after the laws changed and did everything myself. I never had any issues with over heating or concerns until the unfortunate happened. I know vapes help people quit smoking cigarettes and that’s amazing. I just want to bring to light this is possible that they can explode without warning. I would have said “no way that’s possible” until now. Thank you again for everyone that has not went to the instant “this is fake” and actually know I’m real, this really happened and I’m blessed this could have been so much worse. Thank you again for those who understand the meaning of this post!”

This slideshow requires JavaScript.

According to the New York Post:

“Andrew Hall, of Pocatello, said he was vaping before going to work this week when the device suddenly blew up.

The father of three was rushed to intensive care at his local hospital, where doctors had to remove chunks of plastic from his throat and lips.

One of the photos Hall posted is of the vape pen’s exploded battery. Though it’s not clear what model Hall was smoking, batteries are thought to be the cause of the 25-plus e-cigarette explosions reported in the US since 2009.

“The shape and construction of e-cigarettes can make them more likely than other products with lithium-ion batteries to behave like ‘flaming rockets’ when a battery fails,” according to the U.S. Fire Administration.

After posting photos of his injuries, several social media users accused Hall of faking his injuries. Hall then posted some photos of his damaged apartment to prove them wrong.

“The torch marks are on the wall and roof are continuations from my face. Also the explosion downward broke my sink. I’m interested in the same comments from certain people to see what kind words you have to say now,” he said, responding to the trolls.”

Advertisements

Be the first to comment

Leave a Reply