What is a Baby Mama? Well, Baby Mama is simply another term for a woman who shares a child with a man whom she is no longer in a relationship with. She is the mother of their child and, whether you like it or not, she will never disappear.
Not every Baby Mama is spiteful, hateful or ridiculous, but those who are can be a force to be reckoned with. But why does she behave in such an irrational manner? Why the late night calls that erupt into arguments? Why the contemptuous stare downs at family functions? Why does every decision have to become a war?
The first reason you may come up with is she’s bitter and she wants to reconcile her relationship with her ex. You believe this because it makes you feel like the victor, as though you won a prize that she so desperately wants. If it makes you feel good about yourself, go right ahead and continue believing that lie. The truth is no one wants him but you. The real reason may be more complex than you can imagine.
It can be any one of these reasons:
2. You’ve shown her she can get under your skin. A Baby Mama who knows how to push your buttons will do it for entertainment purposes. When she knows that all she has to do is send a text or say a word and you will react with venom, it gives her satisfaction to know that she can control you.
“She doesn’t want him to believe she still loves him, so she acts out in ways that supposedly express hatred or disdain when, really, it’s all a cover-up.“
3. They have always communicated in an unhealthy manner. What explanation did he give for their breakup? Did he explain that she was crazy? Did you ask how he reacted to her craziness? Why would you expect civil and rational behavior from a woman who is used to being disrespected by her ex? If your loving partner is being unloving to the mother of his child, she will react in the same way because that is the nature of their relationship.
4. She’s finally asserting herself. After years of being in a relationship that has been abusive or diminishing to her spirit, the Baby Mama may finally realize that she has some power in her life and is overindulging in her right to say no or set guidelines.
5. The drama is a cover-up for how she really feels. She may still have feelings for him; in fact, she probably does. The love that exists between two parents cannot be completely broken, not even by anger or disappointment. Instead of accepting the fact that love still exists in her heart, she may not be mature enough to accept it for what it is and move on. She may not realize that the love she feels doesn’t have to expressed romantically. Or she doesn’t want him to believe she still loves him so she acts out in ways that supposedly express hatred or disdain when, really, it’s all a cover-up.
6. The rest of her life is out of her control. When a Baby Mama faces experiences like the loss of a loved one, being stagnant in her career or caring for someone who is dealing with a prolonged illness, she experiences the stress of not being able to control her life. This causes her to hold the reins even more tightly with situations she CAN control—like her children, your mood and her household.
7. She’s angry because he grew up.Relationships that form during the early years of our lives are difficult to maintain because the two parties grow up and grow apart. It could be that during their time together, the Baby Mama wanted a certain treatment from the love of your life but she never received it because he was too immature to understand the importance of what she asked for. Now that he has grown up, she is seeing a different side of him, and it angers her that he could not offer her the kind of love and respect that he is now offering you.
Follow us on Facebook to stay updated: Embark on Fun
If you love our content please support us by buying us a cup of coffee for $3.