- 1/2 cup butter
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 egg
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/3 cup unsweetened cocoa powder
- 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 cup of chocolate chips
- 1 handful, or so, of crushed fritos chips
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Prep two baking sheets.
- In a medium bowl add the dry ingredients; flour, cocoa, baking powder, baking soda, and salt. Whisk until combined.
- In a large bowl beat the butter and sugar until light and fluffy. Then add in the egg and vanilla, mix again.
- Now you can add in your dry ingredients and mix until just combined.
- I mix in the chocolate chips and fritos by hand because I think it helps mix them in more evenly.
- Using a tablespoon roll dough into balls (or if you like larger cookies take a small handful. Once placed on the baking sheet pat them down just slightly.
- Bake for 10-12 minutes or until the tops have cracks in them.
- *Cookies with fritos are best the day of.