- 2 slices white bread
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 1 handful Fritos corn chips
- 3 slices processed, pasteurized American cheese
- 1/4 cup supermarket or canned beef chili
- 1 tablespoon yellow onion, diced
- 3-4 slices fresh jalapenos
- Butter one side of each slice of bread and place butter-side-down in a nonstick skillet over medium heat. Top each slice of bread with 1 1/2 slices of American cheese and cover. Cook until cheese melts and bread browns, about 1-2 minutes. Remove from heat.
- Press a few Fritos corn chips into one side of the sandwich, nestling the chips down in the cheese. You may want to pick any particularly curly chips out, so they don’t disrupt the structure of the sandwich too much.
- Top with about 1/4 cup of the chili. Don’t bother making your own; whatever is on the hot bar at the supermarket or something from a can will do just fine. Also, don’t go crazy and add too much. When eaten in sandwich form, a little bit of beef chili goes a long way. Finish with diced onions and sliced jalapeno, and top with other slice of bread.