yield 8 waffles
- 175 grams (about 1 1/4 cups) millet flour
- 50 grams (about 3/4 cup) crushed FRITOS® Original Corn Chips
- 1 tablespoon golden flaxmeal
- 1 tablespoon baking powder
- 1 cup milk
- 3 large egg yolks
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/3 cup melted butter
- 1/4 cup honey
- 3 large egg whites
For Strawberry Compote
- 1 pound strawberries, hulled and quartered
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 2 teaspoons cornstarch
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- Combine flour, corn chips, flaxmeal, baking powder, milk, egg yolks, vanilla, butter and honey in a blender container. Blend until smooth. Beat egg whites in a medium bowl until they form soft peaks. Fold flour mixture into beaten egg whites until incorporated, being careful not to deflate egg whites.
- Pour about 1/2 cup of batter onto greased, heated griddle and cook until waffle is done, according to manufacturer’s instructions. Repeat with remaining batter.
- Combine strawberries, sugar, cornstarch and vanilla in a medium saucepan. Heat over medium heat until juicy and thickened.
- Serve waffles with mascarpone cheese and warm strawberries.