The Texas specialty on a burger topped with Fritos, chili, and cheddar.
- 1/3-lb ground beef patties, seasoned and cooked to your preference
- Burger buns (Jalapeno Cheddar Buns or Shiner Bock bun are solid choices)
- Fresh jalapeno slices
- Fritos (Original, not Scoops)
- Chopped white onion
- Grated cheddar
- Heat the chili to very hot.
- Place the burger on the bottom bun and then layer the toppings: Fresh jalapeno slices, a small handful of Fritos, a pinch of chopped white onion, a large spoonful of chili, and a large handful of grated cheddar.
- Serve immediately. Possibly with a fork.